Letters to Zoe


Well, we can hardly wait to hear that Tori and Derek pass court in the morning, so we can start counting down the days until we meet Zoe! In the mean time, we are going to write some letters to our precious girl, both to help the time pass more quickly for us, and so she will have a written record of how much we loved and prayed for her even before we met her!

Dear Zoe,
Hi sweet girl! This is your Aunt Carrie! I can hardly sleep tonight waiting to hear if we get to start our countdown to
meeting you! We are going to write you some letters to help you get to know all the members of our whole big family! I will introduce you to your Uncle Matt (the crazy one), and your cousins Sophie (the ring-leader), Will (the half bull/half boy)and Lillie (the sweetest baby ever). The Rodens are a wild bunch, but we are definitely not boring! Then, you will also meet your Patti-Grams, Tato, and Aunt Hope! And that's just the beginning of your family!

Well, I have lots to tell you! Especially funny stories about your mama and daddy! But for tonight, I want to tell you what I'm most looking forward to doing with you. Well, first, I am pretty much known as the family librarian, so I'm your go-to girl for trips to the library, any kind of story hour, and visits to the bookstore! And should you ever have a particular story you want to read, just say the word! Also, I'm a pretty good outing planner. Parks, museums, exhibits, special events, you name it, I will try to keep you busy experiencing all our area has to offer. And when we travel, well, that just gives us tons more places to explore together! And last (for tonight), I am so excited to play baby dolls with you. I heard that you absolutely love babies, and I absolutely love babies, so I think we are going to have a ball playing babies together!

Well, Sophie also wrote you a letter today! Now your cousin Will still has some confusion about whether you are a girl or a dog! (The only Zoe he knows is our good friend, Ms. Paula's dog, so until he actually meets you, I think he may stay a bit confused). Don't be surprised if he tells you not to bite him in his letter to you! But Sophie knows exactly who you are, and she has written you tons of letters and drawn you even more pictures! This one is from today, and it was handwritten in one of her notebooks, but I'm copying it (misspellings and all) onto the blog so all the letters will be in one place.

Dear Zoe,
Remeanber I love you! And Momma and Daddy will take care of you! Live, learn, life!

LOVE, Sophie

P.S. Will and Lillie love you too!

(Then there is a picture of Soph and you with Sophie wearing a I heart New York shirt and you in a shirt that says "Freedom!") Hilarious!

We love you big as the sky Zoe!
Love,
Aunt Carrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game