Signs of Life

Now it's not for sure, but for the first time in several weeks, I feel like I might live through this pregnancy. (Since this is the fourth time I've done this, I know in my head that I will live through it, but you cannot convince my body of that fact.) Signs from the past week that this pregnancy may not totally end me:

  • I cooked dinner last night (for the first time in I'll-never-tell-how long), and we actually all ate together at the table! Now, it was no masterpiece, but there were vegetables! I almost felt like a real mom!
  • I made it to yoga last night. Now, it was Yoga for Relaxation, not my former kick-my-tail yoga class, but seeing as how it has been months since I've exercised, I'm still calling it a win!
  • I've stayed up past 9:30 most nights this past week! Sophie has outlasted me plenty of nights during this pregnancy, but I've actually seen her sleeping in her bed more often than not in the past week or so!
  • And, this may be the biggest sign of life so far, Sophie walked down the stairs this morning, and said, "Mama, have we hired a housekeeper?" Far from clean, and even farther from organized, our house (the downstairs at least) no longer looks like a war zone.

Now, I know better than to get cocky. I've told people a couple of times now, "I think the worst is over" only to find myself throwing up into a cup while driving down the road. But even if it is just a break, I am grateful for each day that finds me a little closer to functioning. Another major encouragement is that Miss Lucie is fluttering away! I was able to feel her moving just a couple of days before the ultrasound. It always makes the pregnancy seem more real, and the sickness feel more purposeful to feel that most precious sign of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game