My One and Only Lulu

Lulu,
    You are my fourth baby, and while you have many things in common with your older siblings, there are also many ways you are my one and only!


A lot like your big brother, you are tough to make laugh, and when you do laugh, you  snicker, kind of like you are trying not to, but just can't hep it! And you already have a sophisticated sense of humor! Not only does it take a lot to make you laugh, when something does make you snicker, it will only work a couple of times! Much like all your siblings, when you don't find someone funny, you have a way of looking at people like you think they are crazy! Even though I don't hear it that often, when I hear your precious chuckle, it is the sweetest sound in the world!


You are my one and only baby who prefers vegetables to fruits! I just love that about you! Right now your favorite food is peas! You also love sweet potatoes and squash, and you aren't really crazy about apples! I love that you know what you like and what you don't, and I hope your love of veggies continues as you grow!






A lot like your sister, Lillie, you are great at communicating! At just seven months old, you have been waving, shaking your head no, and today, you looked straight at daddy while you were waving and said, "hi!" You love to babble, and you are the loudest baby we've ever had! I think you've learned that volume is necessary around here!


You are my one and only baby who is crazy for music! Now your brother and sisters all liked music as babies, but you are ready for your own ipod! Aunt Ashley and I drove all the way from Franklin to Destin, without much more than a peep from you as long as you had your Pandora radio station on my iphone! When we tried to switch to a book on tape, you let us know quick, fast, and in a hurry that you wanted your music back! I hope your love of music continues as you grow.


A lot like your sister, Sophie, you already love books! Books are one of your favorite playthings, and each and every day, you unload all of the bookshelves in our kitchen! When our crew is all reading, you don't want to get left out of the fun, and you love to have a book in your hands (and sometimes your mouth) whenever possible!


You are my one and only baby who takes regular showers! I bathed Sophie till she was just about raw, and you are lucky if you get three baths a week! The nighttime bath routine around our house already takes forever, and you are not quite ready for the wild rumpus that is the Roden bathtime, so the best time to get you clean is in the morning when I shower! You are always smiley and patient with me when I accidentally let soap get in your eyes. I'm looking forward to getting you in on the nighttime bath fun, but for now, I'm enjoying my shower buddy!


You are also my one and only baby I spoil rotten without evening thinking twice! Now many would debate this fact, and really, I've probably spoiled all the others, but I at least worried about it! With you, I pick you up whenever you even whimper, if I ever bother to put you down, and you'll probably still be sleeping with me when you start kindergarten! Sophie started sleeping in her own room (for at least part of the night) before she was six months, Will around seven months, and Lillie, around eleven months. I'm not sure you ever will! Knowing you are my last precious baby, I am in no hurry for you to grow up.




Lucie, you are precious, peaceful, and just about perfect. It is truly a joy to spend time holding you, rocking you, singing to you, tickling you, reading to you, You are definitely one of the Roden bunch, and I can see the bond between you and your siblings growing stronger each day. But as much as you are "one of the crew," you are also my one and only baby girl. I am so incredibly thankful to be your mama, and I love you as big as the sky!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility