Zero and holding

Oh, sweet Lulu,

    You are almost 11 months old! This is the last month I will have a baby who, as Sophie says,  is "zero!" Tonight I put you down in the nursery (that you share with Lillie) for the very first time! You are in your small baby bed, but very soon we are moving you into the pink crib! I have new bedding and everything! All that's left is to find a "big girl" bed for Lillie Pie! 

    I know you will probably wind up in bed with me before midnight, but I must admit I'm a little sad that you aren't waiting in my room for me. It was awfully sweet though singing to both you and Lillie after I'd rocked her, nursing you while letting her choose lullabies. I loved saying to her, "Lulu is right here with you," and whispering to you, "your big sister is right here." I think you two girlies are going to be great friends and major partners in crime!


     Not only are you big buddies with Lillie Pie, but you are also crazy about your big brother! You and Will have special time together most mornings, and he always reminds you that he will give you his bot as "soon as the milk is all gone!" If you are fussy, he sings you the lowest version of You Are My Sunshine that has ever been sung, and he goes on and on about what a precious baby you are! 

     Sophie also takes amazing care of you. She can amuse you to no end, and you get lots of time with just her on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Will and Lillie are at preschool. You love to learn right along with us, and you hold a pencil like it's the most natural thing in the world. It has to be one of your very favorite playthings! Sophie is truly a great big sister, and you seem to know that she is looking out for you! 

     You are absolutely dying to talk! You say "yeah" to lots of questions, and you have said "mama" when you've wanted me to pick you up, but even more interesting is your babble! You are so ready to join the steady stream of conversation around the Roden house! I am so excited to hear your thoughts on all the craziness in our life! 

       You are a fast crawler, and you can climb stairs as quick as a flash! Baby gates have once again become as necessary as my morning coffee! I discovered you could climb stairs several weeks ago when I ran upstairs to grab socks, a bow, or one of the bazillion items I forget to lay out each morning, and I came down to find you at least five or six steps up! I wanted to scream, but I was afraid I'd startle you and you would fall, so I prayed with every step down, but seconds seemed like hours until I scooped you up and put out the bottom-of-the-steps gate!

      You are still a fantastic eater, and you seem to enjoy a good meal as much as your mama! :) You can drain a pouch of food in seconds, and you love my homemade oatmeal. Daddy gave you your first french fry at Chick-Fil-A (without permission with me, I might add:)) and just the other day, MeeMaw gave you your first pizza (also, without permission!) You absolutely loved pizza, and you may be a fan of Italian food because you ate your weight in homemade lasagna that Joy made for Aunt Pammie's birthday! 

      You've had a lot of fun "firsts" lately, and for the next month, we are going to soak up every last minute of you being "zero," and celebrate every last "first" including your first trip to a pumpkin patch, your first Halloween, and finally, your first birthday! Spending my days with you is one of the greatest blessings of my life, and I am so incredibly thankful to our Father that he gave you to me! I love you as big as the sky my Lulu!

Love,
Mama 






     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility