A Life of Faith


I would so appreciate prayers for my Aunt Jan. She was diagnosed with non-smoker's lung cancer and given a very serious prognosis. We could not have been more shocked. And though she is fully aware of the seriousness of the situation, you could not find a person with a better outlook or attitude. Aunt Jan has no fear of death, and yet she enjoys life, family and friends to the fullest, so she is following the advice of her doctors and trusting in the Lord for each day.

I watched just over five years ago as Aunt Jan faithfully cared for my Uncle James during his illness that led to his death. She could not have loved or cared for him more tenderly. Over the years, she faithfully walked through many hardships and illnesses with other friends and family members, including her own mother. I could not be more proud of how Aunt Jan is walking through this difficult time in her own life, and I am happy to say that the many people whom she has loved so well are showering her with love and support now. The most important thing to Aunt Jan is to one day hear the Lord say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." While I have no doubt that she will hear this, it is my prayer that she hears it no time soon. 

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6 

Knowing that prayers are the most valuable thing to her, I would love to ask my friends and family to pray for wisdom for her doctors, peace in her heart and mind, and health in her body. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game