Mother of a Boy



I realized that my life had really changed when I woke our entire family up before 6:30 a.m. on our beach vacation to drive 45 minutes to watch the Blue Angels practice. Never could I have imagined that I would give up sleeping in so I could drive and watch airplanes, but as it turned out our day at the National Aviation Museum was one of the highlights of our vacation! Though the world of American Girls and Disney princesses is much more familiar to me, I am having so much fun getting to know the world of planes, trains and automobiles!


Our entire family had a blast watching the Blue Angels and visiting the National Aviation Museum! We could have spent two full days exploring all the museum had to offer. Not only did we watch the amazing practice session of the Blue Angels, but we also watched an Imax, climbed in and out of several airplanes, played in the amazing children's area, and toured many of the museum's exhibits.


The highlight for me was watching Will approach a pilot and announce, "Nice to meet you. I'm William James" before climbing a high set of stairs and getting in an actual FA-18 hornet! I could not have been more proud if he had been one of the amazing Blue Angel pilots! I was on the ground smiling and waving like an idiot! Though I already embarrass my sweet Will with all my doting, I am loving every minute of raising a son.

As a boy's mom, I see the world through new eyes, noticing trains, planes, motorcycles, and cars that look anything like Doc Hudson or Lightening McQueen. I also see my son through new eyes, realizing that my rough and wild boy who is a little scared of heights and shadows, all the while vowing and declaring he's my big boy will one day be a grown man who will protect and provide, battle fears and strive to be strong and true man. And I have the privilege of loving this precious boy who I pray will become a godly man, all the while trusting that God will show me how to be how to be the best mother for this boy.

Comments

mjb said…
Welcome to motherhood of boys....It is great!

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game