Baby Mine



Baby Mine is song that makes me think of my sweet baby Lillie, so much that we put it on her first birthday cd that we played and gave our guests at her first birthday party. One part in the song rang in my head as we had her one year old check up today and found that this baby of mine is a little bitty thing.

From your head to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine

So, at just 17 pounds, 5 ounces, Lillie is definitely the runt of our family, and my goal in this next month is to fatten this baby of mine up a bit. She can keep nursing, but we may add in some formula, and I'll definitely be pushing the whole milk, along with scrambled eggs, full fat yogurt, cheese and almond butter. I've already beaten myself up for not eating or drinking right, not taking my vitamins, being too stressed etc. etc., but at this point, all I can do is make fattening up my little runt my top priority.

In better news, her pediatrician also said she had the best verbal skills she'd ever seen in a 12 month old! Lillie may be little, but she doesn't know it. This baby of mine is a big talker. When the doctor arrived, Lillie and I were engaged in an intense game of "Where's Lillie?," but when Dr. Myers walked in, Lillie greeted her and babbled along in the conversation, just like we were understanding every syllable. She "told" Dr. Myers as clear as a bell that she wanted "that" (that being Dr. Myer's stethescope) and then she "told" her just how frustrated she was that she couldn't have it! Never crying, but giving the doctor a good scolding for denying her polite request!

So, we will spend the next few weeks eating and talking, talking and eating. This works great for me since these are two of my favorite things. And big or small, from her head to her toes, Lillie is so very precious to me, and I love every last ounce of this baby of mine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game