Hibernation Day



My children are tired. I am tired. (Matt is probably tired, but he must work so the rest of us can eat - which we all enjoy tremendously...) Today we will hibernate. Sophie's last day of school was yesterday, and she actually began hibernating on the drive home. As much as I would enjoy a hibernation day with Matt, for today I will enjoy the one I am sharing with my favorite little people. 

Things We Won't Do:
  • Get dressed (lounge-y type clothes and robes are cozier!)
  • Worry about accomplishing school activities (learning will take place, but lesson plans won't be followed)
  • Stress about the house (it will be great if some straightening happens, but the house is not the priority)

Things We Will Do:
  • Snuggle on the couch (bed and cushy chairs are options too)
  • Read Christmas books (You Are My Miracle, Clown of God, The Mitten, and Dream Snow so far...)
  • Watch Christmas movies (Cranberry Christmas and Twas the Night Before Christmas so far...) 
  • Listen to our favorite Christmas music (Thanks to Matt for setting up the ipod thingy and the Christmas play list)

Tomorrow we will return to Christmas activities and other various adventures. We may return to more structured learning activities, and heaven help us, housework will have become essential, but for today we are, as Sophie said, "having a home day...my favorite!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game