In Case They Ever Wonder Daybook - January 19



For January 19, 2009... 

Outside my window... it is cloudy and cold, but of course, no snow like my lucky family and friends in Tennessee…

I am thinking... how getting up earlier really does help our mornings go more smoothly

I am thankful for... encouragement and new perspective

From the learning room...we will spend time watching the inauguration tomorrow. We will continue our phonics and language lessons and spend lots of time in picture books this week. We will also return to A Child's Book of Art.

From the kitchen... we are enjoying smoothies each morning (flax seed, OJ, yogurt, strawberries, bananas, blueberries and walnuts). We are having baked pork chops with green beans and potatoes tonight and Shoyu chicken with rice and edamame tomorrow night.

I am wearing... A Leadership Summit t-shirt, my new favorite black sweatpants and a green fleece pullover when I'm not moving around

I am creating... new plans for this winter 

I am going...to Franklin later this week, with the hope of meeting Baby Cole and plans for taking Will to his first circus!

I am reading... re-reading The Mission of Motherhood and discovering holyexperience.com. Also working slowly through Laying Down the Rails and A Charlotte Mason Education. Oh, and I am reading lots and lots of books to Will who has recently decided he loves to be read to! So exciting!

I am hoping... that Baby Cole is born while I am in Tennessee. 

I am hearing...the hum of the dishwasher and Andrew Peterson on the ipod

Around the house...Christmas is officially down and routines are falling into place (just in time to leave town, but I am thankful nonetheless…)

One of my favorite things... baskets for holding books, diapers, toys etc.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Watching inauguration coverage, a play-date, a trip to the eye doctor, and leaving for Tennessee on Thursday evening. 

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



 

For more information about The Simple Woman's Daybook, visit http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

Comments

Unknown said…
That is the sweetest picture of Bubba, I cant wait to see you guys this week.

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility