The Important Things

We are back home, and once again, trying to get back in the swing of things. We had a great time in Franklin, but returned later than I'd planned, with lots of things on my list left unchecked. Of course, this is also the week before Easter meaning Matt is swamped with work at Crossroads, and I am swamped with editing. 

I've been feeling perpetually behind for several days. Sunday was a blur of missing church out of sheer disorganization, beginning the unpacking process, restocking our empty pantry and refrigerator, and piecing together plans for this special week. On Monday, we gathered our Easter books and decorations and brought a bit of spring to our house, but I still felt frustrated by all that was left undone when I collapsed into bed late Monday night.

Today, I got back to basics and focused on the most important things. I nourished my own soul and then nourished the souls of those in my family. My bags are not yet unpacked, my laundry is, at best, a work in progress, and my bedroom closet is not to be believed. (I should really take a picture...) The number of items left undone on my mental list is overwhelmng. There is, however, a loose sense of order in the house, healthy meals have been prepared, Easter study and celebration has begun. We have laughed oh-so-much, learned quite a bit, loved one another and shown each other affection, and Matt and I have encountered Truth and given our children the opportunity to hear it. 

These are the things we are called to do first. The rest will come - or not. These are the important things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility