30 Things I Love About You

1. I love that you are the best (although maybe the slowest) pumpkin carver in the world (or at least in our family. Wait, I forgot about Derek...)


2. I love to hear you read to the kids, particularly your sacreligious retakes of Halloween: Is It For Real and the famous rap version of So Much.

3. I love that you are the world's best finder. Cameras, keys, books, cans of soup, etc.


4. I love that I couldn't be married to anyone else and constantly be asked, "Do you just laugh all the time?"








5. I love that you just can't stay off WebMD.

6. I love that you are literally the most amazing kitchen-cleaner ever. I consider your nightly work in the kitchen an extravagant expression of love.



7. I love that you are not scared of anything except the show - "Pregnant and Didn't Know It." (I don't, however, love the fact that you so love to scare me, hiding behind doors, army-crawling into our bedroom to catch me off guard, utilizing black lights and other props, etc. etc.)



8. I love that you back up your words of love with actions.

9. I love how intentional you are about being a better man.

10. I love when I'm in another room and I hear you laugh out loud like a kid when you see something funny on tv... or on peopleatwalmart.com


11. I love that you were born on Halloween and how excited you get about the Halloween Bash every year.









12. I love that you are committed to learning and growing and that you actually read books. Not just about your work either, but about our marriage and family life.

13. I love that you are an encourager. Even though I could sometimes strangle you when you tell me, "we're going to make it," I don't know what I'd do if I called and you said, "Yep, we're sunk!"

14. I love that you dance and listen to loud music when we clean.

15. I love that you make Sophie feel like she is the most beautiful, important little girl in the world.















16. I love that Will lights up around you, somehow knowing you that you are his ticket to a big adventure.















17. I love that you are willing to make tough relational calls and deal with issues that many would rather avoid.

18. I love that you are passionate about
your work and that you do an amazing job.


19. I love that you love the
holidays so much.












20. I love how much you love my family.
















21. I love that you actually play with our kids - wrestling, riding bikes, playing dress up, playing trains.




22. I love that you are creative (though the stories of the new American Girl dolls, Gertie, the amputee, Barney Pooperbuckle, the troubled list-keeper, and Tammy, whose backstory can't be mentioned publicly, are a little unsettling...)


21. I love that you will "tell me stories" if I need help falling asleep.


24. I love that you love Disney World almost as much as I do.


25. I love that you make frequent trips to the grocery store when I forget "just a couple of things..." (I wonder what the record for number of trips in one weekend is? Thank goodness we've never lived too far from a store!)

26. I love that you love the Lord and passionately pursue your relationship with Him.


27. I love that you think Jim and Pam from The Office is the ultimate romance. (Actually, I do too!)

28. I love that when I try to talk to you about things like H1N1, you bring up things like zombies. (Actually, I don't love that at all, but what I do love is that you balance my intensity and propensity to worry with light-heartedness and a positive attitude.)


29. I love that while I sometimes feel like I am married to a fifteen-year-old-boy, that I can't believe how mature and wise you've become.

30. I love that I married undoubtedly the only person I could live with and that could live with me!

Happy 30th! I love you so very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility