We're Going to Party Like It's 1992!!!











Today was the most important game of the year for me and mine. I know the Iron Bowl is the biggest game for many Bama fans, but when you grow up as die-hard fans of the Crimson Tide in hard-core Vol territory, the UT-Alabama game is the most important of the year. The outcome determines bragging rights for the next 364 days. How many years have I dreaded going to church on Sunday to face all the UT fans just waiting to torture me? Of course, if we won, we always handled the win with grace and class! (Well, maybe not exactly always...)

So tonight I hid in my closet at times, wet my pregnant pants, just about went into labor, and had to calm Will who thought something horrible was happening from all the screaming. In the end, we are all smiles at my house! At any rate, I am ready for a win in the Iron Bowl, hoping for the perfect season and praying Papa gets to plan a trip to Pasadena, but for me this is about as good as it gets!

Comments

serah said…
I'm laughing so hard at this post!! I'm so happy for Alabama!!! You and your family started my love of "Roll Tide". Steve's Grandfather graduated from Alabama, and lived not far from Tuscaloosa, and he would drive us all around the campus when we would come to visit. It made me a little sad that I didn't go there! (Steve should have gone there...that was the PLAN, but then he met me and decided to just go to MTSU...oh! the sacrifices we make for love...hahaha) Anyway, I would cheer my little heart out for Bama when we watched the games with his grandparents. Every year for Christmas they would buy me some type of Bama apparel and Thomas already has plenty in his closet. You know I have always abhorred the Vols. I don't really know why (the colors perhaps?)

The only problem is that most of my Mom's extended family attended Auburn. I know. The only team I care less for than the Vols is LSU. So tonight I am cheering for Auburn, mainly to tick off all my Louisiana friends :)
Carrie said…
I know I am crazy!!!
I didn't know that about Steve! That makes me love him even more, (of course, besides the fact that he is clearly an amazing husband and father! :) How much fun it would have been for you guys to have been at Alabama?
I LOVE that Thomas has Bama apparel! (That makes me think of how we must get all our kids together at some point!!!)
I TOTALLY can't stand UT, and orange is just obnoxious unless it is Halloween! (It makes me think of prison jumpsuits...)
I don't know if it is because of growing up in TN or what, but I just don't loathe Auburn quite like I do UT. I do, however, share your feelings on LSU. I will never forget going to a game in Baton Rouge when I was in college, and I so can't picture you living there! (Although I am quite sure I did NOT get an accurate perception of the town from my campus visit!!!) I hope you are able to kid everyone at church tomorrow!!! Much love!

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game