Pumpkin Carving

Last weekend we had our traditional pumpkin-carving around the fire at my parents house. I can't say how wonderful it was to be with the whole family, carving, laughing, and eating pumpkin crunch, without having to make a 4 1/2 hour car trip!

Anyway, Matt outdid himself, reminding me once again of what is probably the main reason I married him: so my children could have really cool jack-o-lanterns. This year's creations included:


A Barbie silhouette for Sophie














Diesel 10 (you have to be a Thomas fan to know this one, but the resemblance is uncanny) for Will













Lillie's pumpkin portrait















Oddly enough, my pumpkin won the contest (as it does every year), but the kids really loved their designs, so they were fine with it. And the craziest part is that I'm always the first one finished, yet I always win. Weird.

Despite the fact that my classic design once again stole the show, I thought Matt's creations for the kids were pretty decent. In fact, if the student pastor thing doesn't work out, I think he could become a professional pumpkin carver. And that is high praise considering the fact that I'm pretty much a pumpkin-carving expert. I only hope that Matt will develop my speed so he can enjoy more time around the fire and not have to spend quite as much time carving. Oh well, not everyone can have speed and skill.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game