Not Exactly Her Father's Daughter


Have a mentioned that my daughter is the biggest scaredy-cat on the face of the earth? I can't say much because at her age, I wasn't much better. (In fact, I'm not much better now...) But this year, she has had total nervous breakdowns in two Halloween specialty stores (both times looking for prop for school, with visits lasting less than 10 minutes), and I have no idea what Target offered for Halloween because we were never able to go anywhere near the aisles. I can't imagine how many people have commented under their breath about "what is wrong with that weird kid" or whispered "she must be home-schooled..."



Sophie petrified of the bash site while it was under construction! No decorations or special effects up at this point!

At any rate, the irony is that her dad is the least scared or scare-able person I've ever known. (Except for the one show about unplanned pregnancies, but I digress..) Matt, Justin, and their amazing team from Xroads planned the scariest Halloween party ever. (Though Matt's boss decided Matt was actually throwing himself a birthday party and charging $7 admission! I'm not sure he was wrong since it did turn out to be Matt's dream birthday party, complete with a truly scary terror trail, dance party, and candy bar!) They had 175 high schoolers, 75 whom had never attended Xroads. Check out the amazing video of the terror trail and pictures from the event at axishalloweenbash.com. I think the fact that I would never attempt much less make it through the Terror Trail is proof that it was great Halloween fun for teenagers - and would-be teenagers - like Matt!

I am so thankful the night was such a success, and I am proud of the work Matt is doing to reach teens in our area. I hope that my children have people like him building into their lives when they are teens. I also hope that Matt's daughter is not quite so much like her mama by the time she is old enough to attend the bash!

Comments

mjb said…
We could not go anywhere in October when mine were little. And one year we answered the door at Halloween and Katie Ann ran down the hall crying.

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game