Two Weeks: Prayers



Two weeks from tonight, I should be holding a new little baby. (Assuming I don't go in labor during the Alabama game tomorrow night...) I've never known the date a child would be arriving and, I guess, technically, I don't know this one since she could certainly whenever she wants! It is strange to think, though, that in just fourteen days the entire dynamic of our family life will change.

I am praying for a healthy baby girl, a smooth delivery, and a quick recovery. I pray that this little girl that is already formed and well over 6 pounds, will enter this world and our family with great joy. I pray that the Lord will allow us to get to know her in the precious and intimate ways we've gotten to know her brother and sister. I pray that she will feel securely loved right from the start. I pray that Lillie's will develop an every-growing steadfast commitment to the Lord and that her life will be marked by a beautiful hope.

I am praying that Sophie will feel like her dream has come true and that she will fully enjoy
having a new baby sister. I pray that she will be secure in the love we have for her as our precious first-born child. I pray she will cherish the knowledge that she is truly known and truly loved. I pray that she will continue to rise to the challenge of being a leader, and that she will lead Will and Lillie down paths of wisdom, all the while maintaining her amazingly child-like heart!



I am praying that Will will feel secure in the love we all have for him and in his very special
place as the only boy in our family. I pray he will one day understand how much he was longed for and prayed for, and that his worth is immeasurable. I pray that no matter how big or strong he becomes, he will always be able to be my baby boy. I pray that he will become a confident older brother, not just a precious younger one, and that, in time, he will become a protector for both of my girls. I pray that Will's life will be marked by strength and a steadfast commitment to truth.





I pray that Matt and I will hold tight! (To the Lord and one another, but just in general, too!) I pray that we will encourage each other to be growing, faithful Christ-followers, loving,
committed partners in marriage, and grace-filled, devoted parents. I pray we will allow each other a soft place to fall when we fall short of these goals. I pray we will see beauty and potential in the inevitable chaos, and that somehow we won't let our children realize that they have us outnumbered!

I pray that the next two weeks (or however long it turns out to be) will be full of peace in our home. A football game will be played, snow may fall, school will start, and family will arrive. There will be excitement for sure, but I pray that peace will reign in our home and in our hearts as we wait for our family to change and love to grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility