He Fits










Will is obsessed with things "fitting." Every diaper, shirt, pair of pants, coat etc. either gets his mark of approval, "this fits" or not, "this too tight," "this hurts," or "no fit." I'm convinced this is a result of him being so crazy-big and hearing me say so many times, "I can't believe this doesn't fit!" It isn't just clothes though, he also decides whether his trains "fit" on his track, if his automoblox "fit" together. He is just obsessed with things "fitting."


There was a time when having a little boy did not "fit" in my plan for my life. I imagined myself mothering little girls, just like my mom did and just like her mom did. Never having had brothers or even boy cousins, I just never thought having a little boy was likely, and I didn't understand people who had such a strong desire to have sons.



Oh, how thankful I am that the Lord knew just the pieces needed to "fit" the puzzle of my life.
To say that I am over-the-moon crazy about Will Roden is an understatement. I am officially "one of those" moms that is crazy over her boy! I have trouble thinking he does any wrong, even
when with his caveman tendencies he clearly does! These days in addition to my wide range of knowledge about princesses, I am quickly learning the names of all the cars from the "Cars" movie, and I'm learning to appreciate Thomas and all his friends (though I am thankful they write the names of the trains on the bottom because Will knows them way better than I do!)

Will is a remarkably smart, sweet, funny boy. He passionately loves
animals, cars, and trains. He knowledge of all three is amazing to me. (He corrected my mom when she called a "hedgehog" a "chipmunk." And he often tells me his favorite animal is a newt.) He loves books, begs to be read to, and sadly reports "I can't read!" He can be tender and kind. His "I Wuv You" melts me like little else on earth. He adores Sophie, lives for his daddy to get home from work, and loves me like only a little boy can love his mama. (He's still coming around to Miss Lillie! :)He cracks us up with his attempt at knock-knock jokes, (always about cars...) and this week even made a real joke about chips, calling them chipmunks!

Will has grown so much in the past year. His talking amazes me. This week he's told me, "Let

me think" and "I wanna facebook!" He, at the very least, holds his own with Sophie when he's not just straight out bossing her around and imposing his will on her! He eats like a horse, plays rough, and sleeps like a champ! Even though he is the early bird of the Roden family, he wakes up so happy and fun to be around, it takes the edge off for all us sleepy heads!

When I think about Will, the first word that comes to mind is "big!" He is big physically, has a big vocabulary, a big intellect, and a big heart. His room is decorated in big safari animals, and over his crib, we have the words "Dream Big!" As his life began two years ago with a huge adventure, I feel sure that the Lord has big adventures in store for son! I
am so thankful that two years ago tomorrow God gave me just the exact piece of the puzzle that our family so desperately needed, and I want to be sure that Will knows (in case he ever wonders) that I love him more than he can imagine and that in our family, he perfectly fits!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility