Keeping My Head Up




















We are working on keeping our head up around here. Dad did an amazing job letting TPC, our extended family, know about his new journey today. On Tuesday, we will meet with the oncologist and hear the plan of attack. This has been a tough week, and an even tougher 72 hours. It is one thing to deal with Dad having cancer; it is another thing to hear that the diagnosis is more serious than we originally thought, and then another to hear him relate the events of the week to a few thousand people and to realize this very personal struggle we are dealing with affects many others.

Again, my mind is still swirling with thoughts and emotions that I'm sure I will process for weeks and months to come. In the meantime, we are working hard to keep our heads up - specifically our eyes lifted up to the One from whom we know our help comes.
But I am oh-so-thankful that He understands when discouragement and frustration set in. He isn't afraid of our feelings, be they anger, fear, or sadness. He has felt every sorrow and carried every burden and understands that sometimes "keeping my head up" becomes a little too much.

Comments

Dana said…
Carrie,
I am praying. I love your sweet Dad...love your whole family, and I am praying for PEACE in all of your hearts amidst this confusion. I am staying posted through Tori, but wanted you also to know I am here if I can do anything.

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility