Please Pray

Being both the wife and daughter of pastors, (not to mention having a sister and brother-in-law) also in ministry, I have heard many a gut-wrenching story. The pain that is a part of life here on earth can be overwhelming, and I often hear more-than-my-fair-share of stories of sickness, loss, and tragedy.

But this past week, this family's story has rocked me to the core. A family - too much like mine - that loves the Lord and each other. A family that had experienced plenty of normal stresses and strains, but had never had their faith rocked to the core. Until last week.

I have no understanding of the depth of pain of these two parents. But I know that the depth of their faith is sustaining them - giving them the ability to breathe in and out, when no doubt it would be easier not to.








This family is showing me that faith like theirs makes a difference when the bottom falls out. And that friendship like they have with Jesus matters when nightmares become reality. That it is possible to sing like Paul and Silas after you've been beaten senseless and feel like death would be a relief. And while making memories and savoring moments is important, nothing is as important to the survival of a family than the love they accept from and then give to their Savior.

And after all they've shown me, all I can do for them is pray, and as this sweet mama's friend asked us to "shower God-love" on this hurting, faith-full family. And so I will pray, and I will ask anyone who will listen to pray with me. Please pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game