Precious Lillie



Lillie at six months is pure joy! She is a beautiful, animated, gentle little girl, and I am amazed daily at how good-natured she is. She smiles most of the day, sleeps well during her naps, and coos like crazy at everyone in our family! She is a dream baby - the kind that had she been born first, I would have sworn I wanted a dozen!



She is as attached, (if not more so) to me as Sophie and Will. I would never have dreamed that a third baby could be spoiled, but somehow I have managed. She can be playing and cooing contentedly in the mornings, but if she spies me slip off to the shower, she squalls! As long as she is in my arms, she is as happy as a lark! She loves when she and I are alone together; I think she pretends she's an only child!


Lillie weighed in at her 6-month checkup at 15 pounds even, and she was 26.25 inches. She is growing and changing, but she still seems little to me. Not a tooth to be found in her sweet
little mouth, and the baby has never slept a wink in a crib - she sleeps in her Amby (a little baby hammock) or in the bed with us. (Since we're still in the condo, this probably won't change any time soon!) Maybe it is having older kids, (particularly a 40-pound two year old), or maybe it is because she still prefers being held, but I feel like I am really savoring these sweet baby days!

Lillie was more than ready to try solid food, and she began with rice cereal at about 5 1/2 months. So far, she has tried, pears, squash, and carrots, and has seemed to like them all! She tried apples once, but I think they may have hurt her tummy, so we will try them again later.
Though she is sitting a little bit, she strongly prefers standing, trying to raise herself to a standing position any chance she gets. Patti-Grams just got her an activity center where she can stand and play, and that has allowed me the chance to start a load of clothes using both my hands! Patti-Grams swear that Lillie is going to be delayed if I don't put her down more, but even she knows that I have to hold her to protect her from the wild bull that roams our house!















Lillie knows and responds to the whole family, but Sophie is still the best at getting her to belly laugh! Unfortunately, Lillie thinks it is hilarious when Sophie is loud and obnoxious! Soph continues to plan all the fun things they will do together as sisters, of course, emphasizing all the "girls only" plans they will make to leave Will out! Lillie loves Will, and they spend special time together in the mornings before Sophie wakes up. Will continues to amaze us (and scare us a little) with his big love for his baby sister. The funniest thing about their interactions is that he pulls her arms and legs like she is a wishbone, without her making a peep, but if she kicks her legs in excitement and one hits him, he acts hurt and tells her, "Don't kick your brother Lillie!" Watching the three of them develop their relationships is one of my favorite things about parenting these days.

Life with Lillie Pie is truly sweet! We are so thankful that the Lord answered our prayers and gave Lillian Hope a generous dose of her namesake's kindness and gentleness! (In fact, when I saw how amazingly good she was while getting her picture made, I wondered if she could be a Roden child!) Will describes Lillie the very best when he says, "She is precious! She is my precious girl!" Sometimes I still can't believe that this sweet, smiley baby is my very own, but oh, how thankful I am for my precious Lillie!

Comments

mjb said…
Would love to get together. You have babysitters if you need a get away and I have kids that can play with your babies if you bring them. Come see us and let Sophie see where you use to teach!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game