All Aboard the Preschool Train




Big Will had his first day of preschool this past Tuesday. Now, last year he went to the toddler class while I taught on Monday afternoons, and that was his first taste of school, but this is two days a week, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. - you know big boy school.

And speaking of "big boys,"
Will looks like an absolute giant in his classroom full of normal 2 1/2 year olds. In fact, Will's buddy is actually a little small for his age, so the two of them together is quite a sight - though a very precious sight! Will has a very nice teacher, Ms. Theresa, who is also a big Alabama fan, so that is a plus!
There are only five kids in his class, but I'm thinking from the exhaustion written all over Ms. Theresa's face in the afternoons, that five is plenty!

We had our first "back to school" breakfast for Will, complete with a Thomas sign made by Matt! (Finally, I was grateful for Matt's amazing cartooning abilities!) Along with his sign, we showered Will with other Thomas-themed gifts including a "Diesel" and a "Jeremy." And as Will will tell you, "Jeremy is very hard to find!" Will was
thrilled to be the center of attention, and his breakfast got his day off to a great start.

And though he had an entourage (Aunt Tori and Uncle Derek came with Matt and I) to drop him off, there was little drama at his first drop off. No tears for this mama's boy! He had his teacher an apple and a notepad, and he couldn't wait to give them to her and get to playing cars and trucks! Though Will was known for wailing at drop off last year on Mondays (and actually he even cried at church last Sunday), he was more than ready to board the preschool train!

Ms. Theresa reports that Will is very smart and has an excellent vocabulary. Of course, he demonstrated this vocabulary during rest time, by announcing, "I'm frustrated!!!" Oh, well, I guess it's like he told Tato after the open house, "I will take a nap, but I am not going to like it!" As long as he stays on the nap mat, I'm okay with that!

To say I'm proud of my Thomas-backpack-dragging, yes-mam-saying, "thank-you-for-my-blue-general"-praying boy is the understatement of the year. I unashamedly believe my William James is the greatest thing since the bullet train, and I cannot wait to watch him run full steam ahead on his latest adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility