He's Got the Whole World in His Hands



As I mentioned, Will is sick with his first fever and after playing with Matt or Sophie for a few minutes, he is tuckered out and ready to be with mama. I've held him and rocked him around the clock this week. While putting him to bed (the first time) last night, I began my usual song He's Got the Whole World in His Hands. I love to sing this to Will as I did (and sometimes still do) to Sophie, to keep the little ones hearing the names of our family members and close friends. I also use this time to offer prayers for our extended family and friends. I guess I must have spaced out because I didn't finish the song, and I wound up just rocking Will quietly when he began softly singing "Ta-to, Ta-to, Ta-to." I was shocked, but I sang the verse about the Lord having Patti-Grams and Tato (my parents) in His hands. Then, I waited quietly to see what Will would do next. After a few moments, he began quietly singing, "Pa-pa, Pa-pa
Pa-pa." I then sang the verse about Mee-Maw and Papa (my grandparents) in His hands. Will and I went back and forth a couple of times, but Tato and Papa were the only special requests he managed to make! I'm not sure if those are his favorite people or the easiest family members to say, but either way, it was a moment I will remember and a precious reminder that our children notice and take comfort in the little things like bedtime prayers and songs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game