A Hopeful Easter


Hope is a special word in my family. Olena Hope came into our lives over ten years ago, and our family has never been the same. Hope's name could not be more appropriate as her story epitomizes the meaning of the word. I was proud to name Lillie after Hope, and this Easter, I was thrilled that Lillian Hope was able to be in Franklin to celebrate her very first Easter.

















And though she spent most of her first Easter service snoozing on Aunt Pammie's shoulders, (no
offense, Tato), Lillie was the cutest bunny cutest bunny ever stuffed into an Easter
basket!
































Will had a blast dying Easter eggs for the first time. (He would dye everything in the world blue if given the chance!) And Sophie really grew in her
understanding of
why we are celebrating. She hasn't stopped talking about Jesus' death and resurrection in the weeks that have followed. I am hopeful that her growing interest will lead her to respond to her Father's love.





















In his Easter message, Dad powerfully shared his story - not the story of cancer, but the story of the power of hope. He boldly pointed us to Jesus as the only source of true hope. I'm thankful that my children are getting to see him live out his faith, and I believe that they will be curious about the peculiar hope he is demonstrating on this journey. I hope that curiosity will lead and attract them to the One knows what each day of their journeys will hold.


Our family is clinging to hope this year. Really, we've always been in the same desperate need, but circumstances have made us more aware of our neediness. I'm learning to be thankful for our newfound awareness. I am definitely thankful for the precious Easter day we shared. But most of all, I am thankful for the amazing Hope that is sustaining us each and every day as we learn to more fully trust the God of hope.



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game