The Way Sophie Sees It



Is that Elton John nailing 95 theses to the door of the church at Wittenburg? No, it is Martin Luther... through the eyes of our little Sophie.

To say she marches to the beat of her own drummer is an understatement. Just about every bone in Soph's body is creative. She reads about as well as I do, yet her favorite thing about Math is when she can make her "four" look like a house! Sophie's school is just perfect for her with its emphasis on history and fine arts, and she has truly flourished at MAFA. Today her principal told me that Sophie doesn't ever walk, but rather she floats, prances, twirls, and flitters, - she is a sprite! All the world is a stage
to Soph, and she hasn't met a mirror she doesn't like. She took her first achievement test this week and informed us that she didn't miss a single question! (No lack of confidence, however misplaced...)Matt and I were convinced she would have stayed all day at
the reflecting pool on our recent visit to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Her love of her own image was of mythological proportions!

Many days life with my dramatic, creative, smart, confident beautiful strong-willed daughter leave this mom a little worn out. But I believe that the Lord has begun a good work in Soph's life and that he will be faithful to complete it. I continue to pray that she grows daily in wisdom and that she maintains her amazingly childlike heart! And though I often echo the words of Olivia's mother, "You know, you really wear me out, but I love you anyway," I am thankful that I get the privilege of seeing the world "the way Sophie sees it!"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game