May Update




OK, we have enjoyed two big weekends in May, with two more to go. So much has happened, and I have so many posts I've written in my head as I collapse in the bed, but I'm not sure when they will actually get typed out! 

So far our family has enjoyed:
  • Tori and Derek's Wedding Week - I am so ready to write about this one, but I very uncharacteristically didn't take pictures (so many other people were that I knew I could take a break...), and I must have pictures to convey how beautifully perfect their wedding was!
  • Sophie's School Play/Dance Recital/Dad's Birthday/Mother's Day - We had so much fun with family and friends. Aunt Pammie came, driving in from Birmingham only to miss Sophie's speaking part through a crazy, "I Love Lucy" chain of events that only I could cause...) My best friend Ashley along with her son and Sophie's best friend, Jack and the newest adorable McClanahan, Baby Cole, came from Nashville for Sophie's debut! (Sophie was more excited about Jack giving her flowers than anything else in the day!) Patti-Grams and Aunt Hope also came for the performance and Mother's Day weekend. Poor Dad's birthday sort of got lost in the shuffle, but he played lots of golf, so he didn't mind! We celebrated Sophie on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday with another trip to Atlanta Botanical Gardens. 
Left to enjoy:
  • Hope's High School Graduation - I could cry just thinking about this! We can't wait to celebrate the kindest, most beautiful member of our clan this coming weekend.
  • Jack's Birthday - Best friend Jack is turning four, and we can't wait to celebrate at his football bash in a couple of weeks!
  • The Opening of The Georgian Pool - We can't wait to spend our days at the water park! The pool opens while we are in Franklin, but we will make up for lost time when we get back! I'm thinking of mornings at the pool followed by long afternoon naps! We'll see how that goes! 
So, while I'm hoping to write about some of the things going on in the life of our family, for now, we are riding the wave of May!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility