Will's World at 15 months

Things I am loving about my 15-month, 31-pound wonder boy...
Correction: 15 months, 32 pounds...learned yesterday during our first trip to the ER...
  • I love that his favorite new trick is to "carry" me on his shoulders. He bends down under my legs, gets one of my legs over each of his shoulders and walks as I walk "carrying" me all over the house. He giggles the whole time, and rarely does a day go by that I don't get three or four "rides" on Will's shoulders. He beams when I tell him how big and strong he is! 
  • Will is crazy-passionate about books. While Will's love of books developed a little later than Sophie's did, his seems to be more intense. From a young age, Sophie loved to be read to, and was ready and willing whenever we were. We spent lots of time reading to her, and when we weren't reading to her, she was happy to sit and
 "read" to herself. Will drags books around and fusses, yells, and if need be, cries until we sit down. He then, with full force, plops himself into a lap and insists upon being read to. I must confess that on a particularly busy morning, I tried to hide his favorites until I was dressed. His current favorites include I Love You Through and ThroughCharlie Parker Played Bebop, Wishes for You, Rattletrap CarMoo Baa La La La, Yo, Yes!, Big Little,Yummy Yucky, and Yes Yes, No No. He is learning to enjoy books on his own, but if he spies an able-bodied reader, he will chase you down with his book of choice!

  • Will is super inquisitive. His first (and so far, only) sentence was "What is that?" But most of the time "dis," "dat," "What dis?" and "What dat?" seem to be rolling off his tongue. On a recent stroll through a parking lot, Will insisted on asking about each and every car in the lot. Not knowing one thing about cars, I just had to go with "blue car," "red car" etc. (Last week in Barnes and Noble, he was having me read a book that had pictures and names of different cars, and he kept coming back and asking "what dat" to the picture of the Porche 911! 
  • Will's laugh sounds like a college frat boy who has just pulled off some type of hazing prank. He mostly snickers, but even his chuckle is full of mischief. It is so funny to hear Sophie and Will laughing together because Sophie still laughs like she's 18 months old, so to hear them together, you would never guess Will was the baby of the family!
  • Will is all about giving love these days. Will has always been a cuddly guy, but lately he kisses and hugs without any prompting. Of course, with Will you never know when a kiss will turn into a bite (just look at he marks on my shoulders), but I love watching him learning to express his feelings. It is amazing to watch a creature who has 
  • previously only been a receiver of love become a giver of love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility