Mother's Day Memories















As I've said, May 9 is Dad's
birthday and this year, Lillie's dedication, but we also celebrated Mother's Day on this special Sunday! And we had no shortage of mothers and children on hand to celebrate! (And if you ask me, either aunts should be included in Mother's Day or they need a day all to themselves!)

To church on Sunday, Lillie wore a dress my grandmother made almost 57 years ago for my mom. I have pictures of Sophie in this dress and of course, Mee-Maw has many memories of both making it and dressing her little girl in what would become an heirloom in our family.

Lillie wore another family heirloom to her dedication service. She looked just beautiful wearing the same dress I was dedicated in, worn by all the baby girls in our family either home from the hospital or at a dedication service. My great aunt made the dress for me when I was born, and it was worn most recently by Sophie at her dedication when she was almost exactly Lillie's age. Again, a flood of memories accompany this beautiful dress.

I treasure both of the dresses Lillie wore on Mother's Day, but even more precious than the dresses are the memories associated with them. I am so thankful for the special traditions in our family and for my own heritage of love and faith that I am able to pass on to my children. I realize more and more with each year how blessed we are as a family and how precious the memories we're making together are.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility