Gifts




"In case they ever wonder," December hasn't been the easiest month for me as a mother. I've felt overwhelmed on many occasions, and even angry that I'm not better able to handle the everyday stresses and strains of life with little ones. I've been physically challenged by Will and emotionally challenged by Sophie, and while the past few weeks have had many fun moments, they've also had several difficult ones. Discipline patterns that felt well-established and sure have seemed to fall very far short. Consistency has evaded me and my nerves have often felt frayed. Our life is far from perfect, and these days have been real reminders of just how far.

But though our life falls short of perfection, it is full of gifts. And "in case they ever wonder," I want Sophie and Will to know that they are two of the most precious gifts God has ever given me.

Sophie and Will - I am oh-so-thankful that I get to be your mommy. I am so thankful that I get to spend so much time with you. I am thankful that I have an understanding of your personalities and quirks that no one other than your Heavenly Father has. We are all growing together in our family; daddy as a father, me as a mother, Sophie as a little girl, and Will as a little boy, - (oh, and Lillie as a baby)! We each make mistakes, and some days are harder - much harder - than others. But at the end of the day, even the bad days, I want to remember that you are gifts. Daddy and I are taking care care of you, but ultimately you belong to God, not to us. He began the work in your lives, and He will be faithful to complete it. We want to allow Him to use as your mama and daddy in whatever way He wishes. So, we will do the absolute best we can to love you well and to be thankful that He chose to give you to us. I can't imagine any better gifts than you. Merry Christmas! I love you big as the sky and to the moon and back! Love, Mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophie's 8th Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday!

The Bane Bane Game